Semarang , April 29 2019- Prof. Dr. Yos Johan Utama, S.H., M.Hum. has been officially inaugurated by the Board of Trustees of UNDIP as Chancellor of the Period of Service 2019-2024. The inauguration and oath took place at the Soedarto Building Hall , Tembalang Campus.
On this occasion , Prof. Dr. Yos Johan Utama, S.H., M. Hum as the Chancellor of Diponegoro University in the period 2015-2019 delivered a number of achievements of Diponegoro University which increased rapidly compared to the previous period. The Inauguration Mechanism of the Chancellor by the Board of Trustees was the first time for UNDIP as a Public University -Legal Entity, where previously the Chancellor was appointed by the Minister of Research and Technology when UNDIP was still a Public Service Agency. The inauguration ceremony and the oath reading were led directly by the Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of Diponegoro University, Prof. Muliaman Darmansyah Hadad, S.E., M.PA., PhD.
At the beginning of his welcoming speech, Prof. Dr. Yos Johan Utama, S.H., M.Hum. stated that: “Starting from four years ago all UNDIP academic entities fought together, working together tirelessly, trying to raise the rank of 10th place in 2015 until until 2018 Undip managed to rank 5th out of a total of 4,663 Universities in Indonesia . According to him, to manage universities that are professional and responsible, integrity and fighting spirit are urgently needed, Undip’s governance must be handled by people who are not only capable, but also have the motivation to think, act, act, and innovate at any time.
Prof. Dr. Yos Johan Utama, S.H., M.Hum. also asked for his blessing in leading the UNDIP in the second period. “As the captain of the aircraft carrier named Undip, with a crew of almost 4,000 people, and passengers of 53,000 people, it was not only safe in sailing but quickly reaching its destination, winning every battle, and being able to fly its planes containing NKRI patriots racing into the air to master the scientific universe throughout the world but still rooted in the Pancasila and NKRI, “concluded the third UNDIP Chancellor from the UNDIP Faculty of Law He conveyed to the entire academic community to continue to struggle with the name Diponegoro University to continue being enthusiastic in exploring the scientific treasures.
This event were attended by all the academics of Diponegoro University both students, lecturers, education staff and colleagues from the government officials of the Republic of Indonesia, including:
1. Minister of Research and Higher Education of the Republic of Indonesia – Prof.H. Mohammad Nasir, Ak ,, P, hD.
2. Governor of Central Java Province – Mr. Ganjar Pranowo, S.H., M.IP.
3. Central Java Regional Police Chief – Komjen. Pol. Drs. Condro Kirono, M.M., M.Hum.
4. Commander of the Diponegoro VII Regional Military Command – Maj. Gen. TNI Mochamad Effendi
5. Chairperson of the Central Java DPRD – Dr. Rukma Setyabudi, M.M.
6. Chair of the RRI Supervisory Board – Mistam
7. A number of Representatives of the House of Representative –Republic Indonesia
8. Chancellors of Public Universities and Private Universities in Central Java Province